Our first investigation was the M&M experiment.
- We observed what happen when we submerged some M&M's in cold water.
- First the colour dissolved into the cold water.
- Next the white shell underneath dissolved.
- After that the "M" on each lolly peeled off and floated to the surface.
- Finally we were left with chocolate from the middle.
The "M" letters on M&Ms are printed in edible white ink. The ink won't dissolve in water. When the white shell dissolves, the letters peel off and float to the top.