- Do NOT start with “Hi I’m Jo and I’m going to talk to you about ...”
- State your key focus/point of view
- Have a great hook! Get your audience’s attention!
- Interesting fact - Did you know..?
- 3 powerful adjectives
- Statement - turn our into question into a statement sentence.
- Rhetorical question
- One big idea per paragraph with evidence/information to support that big idea
- Use interesting connectives - see our modelling book for ideas
- Re-state key focus/point of view and leave your audience with something to think about
Big Idea 4
Would you like your brain to keep growing and getting stronger every day just like other muscles when you exercise? But how are you going to do that? By turning your fixed mindset brain into a growth mindset brain that's how. With growth mindset you can do anything, because you won’t just say I give up when things get tough.