- every single piece of plastic that has been used since the 19th century is still somewhere on our planet. WOW!
- birds and fish are eating little bits of plastic after it gets washed into storm drains and then out to sea. This makes them very sick and they can die.
- some sea creatures such as turtles think that plastic bags floating in the sea are jelly fish, their favourite food and eat them. This makes them very sick.
Jodi gave us a few ideas about what we can do to help:
- use reusable bags when shopping
- pick up rubbish before it goes down the drain
- drink tab water instead of buying bottled water. Have a reusable drink bottle.